For my first mix, I have chosen: Driving at dusk on a really nice & warm day with the windows rolled down. Initially, for this I was thinking: music that has an intensity to it, but is not over the top. Slightly subdued, but still powerful. Focusing on the sounds, perhaps instrumentals, but not necessarily.
I think for the most part I hit the mark; there are maybe some that do go over the top, but perhaps that those work well within the mix. But anyway, enough of my ramblings, here is the playlist, which runs about one hour:
- "What We Wanted" by Black Diamond Bay
- "Welcome, Ghosts" by Explosions in the Sky
- "Suburbia" by Matthew Good Band
- "Bring It On" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- "Come and See" by Young Galaxy
- "Hearts Trompet" by Brasstronaut
- "Starálfur" by Sigur Rós
- "Heart of Hearts" by !!!
- "The Universe!" by Do Make Say Think
- "Meet Me In The Basement" by Broken Social Scene
- "La Façade" by Karkwa
- "No Cities Left" by The Dears
I didn't just throw them together, though... I put them in that order specifically, working on creating a flow and progression to it. So all I ask is that if/when you listen, you do so in that order. At least once, then you can listen in whatever order you want, all willy nilly.
Download it here.
Enjoy, and if you have any suggestions for future instalments of Oddly Specific Driving Mixes, let me know!